Wendell Berry, Sabbath Poems: 1979, II

The mind that comes to rest is tended
In ways that it cannot intend:
Is borne, preserved and comprehended
By what it cannot comprehend.

Your Sabbath, Lord, thus keeps us by
Your will, not ours. And it is fit
Our only choice should be to die
Into that rest, or out of it.

7.05.2010

Michael Jackson on Sabbath


I just learned yesterday that Michael Jackson was a Seventh Day Adventist growing up, and then I stumbled across this article as I was googling all things Sabbath.

It portrays an interesting side of Michael we didn't see much in the media (until of course, the end, when he starts talking about children). Have a look - tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I really like what he says about Sabbath. I do find it a day to revel in celebration, a day to take steps slower to enjoy the world around us, and a day I set aside to celebrate the relationship my husband and I have with God. I try to find a time of celebration for God's miracles daily, so I guess I try to find a time for Sabbath daily!

    Hope your journey is still going well!
    Many Blessings!!
    -Cass

    ReplyDelete